If your Onn Roku TV is stuck on logo screen, then this quick troubleshooting guide is for you.
In some cases, the TV might even keep restarting on its own, while still being stuck on the logo screen anyway.
I understand how frustrating this issue can be, especially if you have a show/movie you need to watch at a particular time on your TV.
In this guide, I will show you the 3 proven ways to fix an Onn Roku TV that is stuck on logo.
Without any further ado, let’s dive right in!
Onn Roku TV Stuck on Logo Screen
Follow the step-by-step troubleshooting guide below to fix the issue.
1. Power Cycle Your TV
If your Onn Roku TV is stuck on logo and keeps restarting in a reboot loop, then the first thing you want to do is simply power cycle it (also called a soft reset).
Unlike an hard reset, you do not lose any app or configuration on your TV.
Here’s how to power cycle/soft reset your Onn TV:
- While your Onn Roku TV is on and stuck in the reboot loop, unplug the power cable directly from the power outlet
- Leave it unplugged for 60 seconds
- While unplugged, press and hold the power button on the TV for 30 seconds
- Plug the TV back into the power source
- Turn it back on using the remote controller or the power button on the TV
If the issue is caused by some corrupt cache files on your Onn Roku TV, a simple power cycle or soft reset will fix it.
NOTE: If your Onn Roku TV is still stuck on logo, power cycle it again but wait for 10 minutes after unplugging it before plugging it back in. Just be patient, a lot of users were able to fix it by waiting for up to 10 minutes instead of the initial 60 seconds.
2. Perform a Hard Reset
Although I’ve seen users who were able to fix the issue via a soft reset (having waited for 60 seconds or an additional 10 minutes as the case may be) as I have shown you above.
From what I’ve seen so far, a factory reset or hard reset was what worked for a lot of users who had the issue.
Since a factory reset will delete all your installed apps and restore all settings/configurations to factory defaults, it’s best that you try the soft reset first (60 seconds and 10 minutes).
Since the TV won’t even boot up completely and you can’t access the settings, the only way to reset your Onn Roku TV without a remote controller is to actually use the reset button on the TV.
If you hadn’t noticed, there’s a reset button on your Onn Roku TV (it even has a label ‘Reset’ next to it).
Here’s how to reset Onn Roku TV stuck on logo:
- First, locate the physical reset button on your Onn Roku TV (at the back of the TV, usually close to the HDMI port). You will need a pin or any tiny object to push the button.
- Once you locate the reset button, press and hold the button firmly for about 10-20 seconds while your device is powered on.
- When it shuts down, keep holding down the reset button until it powers on and shows the Onn Roku TV logo again. Then, you can release the button
- When the factory reset is complete, the TV will reboot twice and finally turn on without turning off again by itself
Now, go ahead and set up your Onn Roku TV again – select language, select mode of use, setup network connection or skip it. Then, you are good to go.
3. Replace Faulty Capacitors
Another reason why Onn Roku TV remains stuck on logo is having faulty capacitors on the TV panel, usually on the main board.
What you simply need to do is replace the faulty capacitors with capacitors with same rating and the TV will fire up after that.
Since not all Onn Roku TV models have a reset button on them, you can try this method also if your model has not reset button.
NOTE: Before you start, make sure you unplug your TV and leave it unplugged for 30 seconds. Also, press the power button on the TV for 30 seconds. This will help discharge the capacitors before you open up the TV panel (they can be dangerous otherwise).
Now, here’s a step-by-step process of what you need to do:
- Remove the screws and open the back cover of the TV.
- Next, unplug all the cables going into the main board like the speaker cable, Wi-Fi module cable e.t.c
- Then, do a quick visual inspection to see if there is any faulty capacitor. It’s quite easy to see this.
If a capacitor is faulty, some of the signs you might see include:
- The capacitor is bulging at the top
- The capacitor is leaking
- Corrosive layer on one or both legs of the capacitor
NOTE: The capacitor may be faulty and not show any visual sign. Hence, the most accurate way to check in such case will be to use a multimeter to check the voltage, and compare it to the expected/labelled voltage of the capacitors. If you see a wrong voltage reading on the multimeter, then it is faulty even if there is no visual sign.
Now, here’s how to remove the faulty capacitor(s):
- Carefully take note of the pin on the board that the capacitor is attached. You should do the removal with a soldering iron (do not force pull it out)
- With the heated soldering iron, carefully apply pressure from the back of the board on the pin for the faulty capacitor until it melts.
- Then, you can go ahead and remove it.
While replacing the capacitor, you should know the following:
- The new capacitor must be placed in exactly the same orientation as the old damaged one
- Ideally, you should replace the capacitor with a new one that matches the ratings (Voltage, Temperature and Micro farads). In case where you can’t get the exact value for the 3 ratings, you can get one that has voltage and temperature that is higher that that of the old capacitor but not lower. The micro farad can also be slightly higher, but not lower.
Once you have gotten the new capacitors, replace the old faulty one you removed using a soldering iron.
Remember: The capacitor needs to be placed exactly how the old one was placed.
- Once replaced, plug back all the cables you had disconnected from main board and assemble the TV back
- Now, plug in the TV, turn it on and the TV should fire up right away. The Onn Roku TV should no longer be stuck on logo
If you can’t do this on your own, you can get it repaired.
If that fixes the issue for you, great!
Otherwise, you will probably need to replace the main board and maybe the power board too.
4. Contact Onn Roku TV Support
If you have tried all the methods discussed in this guide, your Onn Roku TV should no longer be stuck on logo screen.
However, if the issue still persists, the only thing you can do is to contact Onn Roku for support.
- The official help line is 844-334-2355 (available 9am – 9pm EST daily)
- You may also the supprt team contact via email
If you found the content helpful, let me know which of the methods worked for you in the comment section below.