Samsung TV Plus is an app available on Samsung smart TVs (and other selected Samsung devices) that allows you to watch over 200 live TV channels and thousands of on demand movies and shows all for free. However, these channels sometimes play automatically on Samsung smart TVs when you don’t want them to and can be really annoying.
In this guide, I am going to show you 3 ways to stop Samsung TV Plus from automatically playing on your Samsung smart TV and exit it quickly in 2023.
So, if you’ve been frustrated by this and you are looking for a quick way to exit Samsung TV Plus autoplay permanently, then you are on the right page.
Without any further ado, let’s dive right in.
How to Stop Samsung TV Plus from Automatically Playing
Below are 3 methods to stop Samsung TV Plus from automatically playing on your Samsung TV in 2023. The first 2 methods will help you get rid of the app and channels completely, while the last method will show you how to keep the app, but stop the autoplay only.
1. Remove & Disable from Icon in Home Screen
The first method you can use to stop Samsung TV Plus from automatically playing is to delete the icon from the home screen, followed by disabling all the channels.
To disable Samsung TV Plus autoplay, press the Home button on your Samsung TV remote. From the bottom app panel, navigate to the Samsung TV Plus app icon. Press the down arrow button on the remote and select ‘Remove’. Finally, click on ‘Disable’.
Here’s a step-by-step process with screenshots:
- Press the Home button on your Samsung TV remote and navigate to the Samsung TV Plus app
- Press the down arrow button on the remote and click on ‘Remove’ option
- Click on ‘Disable’
- Finally, restart your Samsung TV.
NOTE: Select ‘Remove’ again in the last popup will also remove the icon from your Home screen and not necessarily remove the Samsung TV Plus channels on your Samsung tizen OS smart TV. What you want is to disable all the channels.
2. Delete Samsung TV Plus Channels from Channel List
Another way to stop Samsung TV Plus from automatically playing on your Samsung tizenOS smart TV and exit Samsung TV plus is to go to the channel lists, click on edit and delete/remove all Samsung TV Plus channels from the list.
Here’s how to do that:
- Click on the Channel list icon on your Samsung TV Home screen
- You may also find it on some Samsung TV remote controllers
- At the bottom of the channel list page, click on ‘Edit Channels’
- Now, select Samsung TV Plus on the left panel, tick the ‘select all’ box and click on ‘Delete’
- On the popup, click on ‘Delete’
- Finally, click on Save and Exit. If you see the Auto tuning option, click on the cancel icon. Also, restart your Samsung TV if the changes are not effected immediately.
Now that Samsung TV Plus channels have been deleted, the channels will stop playing automatically.
3. Disable Autorun Last App on Smart Features
Autorun last app is a Smart hub feature on Samsung smart TVs which launches the last used app on your Samsung TV to automatically launch when you turn on your TV. If your Samsung TV keeps defaulting to TV Plus, disabling this will help to exit TV plus on Samsung smart TV.
Here’s how to disable the feature:
- Click on the settings icon on your Samsung TV Home screen
- Go to General > Smart Features
- Navigate to ‘Autorun Last App’, click on it to turn it off. Once turned off, restart your Samsung TV for the change to be effected immediately.
Depending on the model of your Samsung TV, the location may be different. Here’s how to find it depending on the year of your Samsung TV:
2023 model TVs: Menu > Settings > All Settings > General & Privacy > Autorun Last App
2017 – 2021 model TVs: Settings > General > Smart Features > Autorun Last App
2016 model TVs: Settings > System > Expert Settings > Auto run Last App
Once turned off, apps on your Samsung TV will stop playing automatically when you don’t want them to.
If your Samsung TV keeps defaulting to Samsung TV Plus channels or the app plays automatically when you turn on your Samsung smart TV, there are a number of ways to exit out of the app. As I have explained in this guide, you have 3 options:
- Remove Samsung TV Plus icon from the home screen, and disable all the channels
- Delete Samsung TV Plus channels from the channel lists
- Turn off Autorun Last App feature on Samsung TV
If you found this guide helpful, kindly drop a comment below. Also, let me know which of the methods helped you stop Samsung TV Plus from automatically playing on your Samsung smart TV.