If you are looking for a way to delete your Facebook watch history in 2023 either through your Facebook mobile app or the Facebook web version, then you are on the right page.
I will show you how to delete selected videos from your watch history, and also how to clear the whole watch history in one click.
So, if any of those sounds like what you are looking for, then let’s begin right away.
Facebook Watch History Delete
1. On Facebook App
To delete you Facebook watch history, follow the procedures highlighted below.
- Open your Facebook mobile app, login and click on the Menu icon (3 short parallel horizontal lines)
- Click on the Settings icon
- Scroll down until you find Activity Log (under ‘Your Information‘ tab), click on it.
- You will find tags listed at the top of the page, scroll right through them to view other tags.
- Click on ‘Videos watched‘ tag at the top of the page.
Videos you’ve watched on Facebook will be displayed to you.
Now that the watch history has been displayed to you, you can proceed to delete video(s) selectively or all together.
To delete selected videos:
- Click on the 3 dots in front of the particular video you wish to delete, then click on delete prompt at the bottom of the page
The video will then be removed from your watch history-
To clear whole watch history at once:
- Click on Clear video watch history at the top of the page
- You will get a prompt asking if you want to confirm, click on CLEAR.
- You watch history will start getting cleared.
if you video watch history is long, it may take some time to clear. However, it will be cleared eventually when you check back a few seconds or minutes later as seen below.
2. On Facebook Web
You can access Facebook web either from your PC browser or from your mobile phone browser (Android or iPhone), the procedure is very much similar. In this case, I accessed from PC browser.
- Click on your profile icon to navigate to your Facebook profile page.
- Click on the option icon (3 dots) and click on Activity Log
- Click on ‘Videos you’ve watched‘
- Your Facebook watch history will be displayed to you as seen below.
Once your watch history has been displayed to you on web, you can proceed to delete selected videos or clear the whole history at once.
To delete selected videos:
- Click on the 3 dots in front of any video you wish to delete, then click on the Delete prompt.
That particular video will be removed from your watch history.
To clear the whole watch history at once:
- Click on Clear Vide Watch History at the top of the page.
- Next, proceed to confirm the deletion process by clicking on Clear Video Watch History button as shown below.
Your watch history will then be cleared as seen below.
Error performing query while trying to clear video watch history?
You might experience the query error while trying to clear video watch history on Facebook web as seen below.
So, there you have it.
If you have any question or feedback, the comment section will be waiting for them.
If you also found this content helpful, kindly share by using the share buttons.